What would you do?

Zodiacs

Sep 24, 2022
New York
My Domincan friend owns a deeded lot near a resort outside Puerto Plata. She went to inspect the property and found somebody moved a bunch of storage containers, and heavy equipment onto the property. Basically made it a construction site storage lot. They've got front loaders, a steam roller, back hoes and more up on the lot. She got an order for removal but can't pay the sheriff or a company to come remove the equipment. Anyone know of a company that would confiscate and store it on commission? Has to be hundreds of thousands worth of heavy equipment there.

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
My Domincan friend owns a deeded lot near a resort outside Puerto Plata. She went to inspect the property and found somebody moved a bunch of storage containers, and heavy equipment onto the property. Basically made it a construction site storage lot. They've got front loaders, a steam roller, back hoes and more up on the lot. She got an order for removal but can't pay the sheriff or a company to come remove the equipment. Anyone know of a company that would confiscate and store it on commission? Has to be hundreds of thousands worth of heavy equipment there.
Surely she has friends like your goodself ....so who needs a company ........move the stuff yourselves

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
I always find it interesting/funny when a Dominican asks a gringo to help solve a problem he/she is having with another Dominican. Just pull over the "compramos hierro viejo neverra viejas..." guys and sell it to them.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
PS. Sell it for scrap. Any questions if the owners ever show up; someone is stealing it so you better get the rest of it outta here before it's all gone. When in Rome...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Charge em' a few thousand dollars a month rent.

If you want to know who it belongs to just start having it moved and they'll show up in a flash.

Reactions: Manuel01

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Always deal with Dominicans same as a Dominican would deal with them.
You can thank me later.

Reactions: FF1

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Put up a sign "Equipo en Venta - Barato" and the owner will come running
LOL...if that was stolen equipment the "seller" who put up the sign , would be complicit in the crime,no?

This is the first and only post from OP... why is he/she believable?

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Palo's and barbed wire are cheap, put up a fence delineating the property and hang "Private Property" signs... Then sell them their own equipment, it's a win win. They get their stuff back and you make a little profit for the inconvenience..

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Palo's and barbed wire are cheap, put up a fence delineating the property and hang "Private Property" signs... Then sell them their own equipment, it's a win win. They get their stuff back and you make a little profit for the inconvenience..
That wouldn't even faze them. Armed guard maybe? Ask around and find out who they belong to?

I had something happen like that to a friend. They dumped a bunch of sugar in the fuel tanks. Expensive lesson.