A Deal With The Devil

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sorry but how can you honestly say that most children have loving parents when the vast majority don't grow up living with their biological parents
Please produce real statistics to this claim because I believe that's simply a wild fabrication on your part.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Sorry but how can you honestly say that most children have loving parents when the vast majority don't grow up living with their biological parents
Vast Majority, not where I live, nor the Dominicans I know. Even those whose parents aren't together have pretty regular contact. Guess it's different in the big city. We have quite a few students that actually live with their father fulltime and only see their mothers on weekends or holidays. Beside living with biological abusers isn't that great for kids. Yes, lots live with Granny and Grandpa, but that is a good thing.

Reactions: chico bill

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
So here is where we are with this thread....too many posts are not DR related. Clearly everyone has a "strong" opinion on the subject BUT posts MUST be DR related.

Reactions: Gadfly

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
My Dominican girlfriend believes people become gay, not born gay. I try and try and try to explain her they are born gay. She says I’m wrong. She also believes bright planets are stars. Dominican related, albeit off topic

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Vast Majority, not where I live, nor the Dominicans I know. Even those whose parents aren't together have pretty regular contact. Guess it's different in the big city. We have quite a few students that actually live with their father fulltime and only see their mothers on weekends or holidays. Beside living with biological abusers isn't that great for kids. Yes, lots live with Granny and Grandpa, but that is a good thing.
Yes Bob - most parents raise their children, both Haitian and Dominican. Yeah there are truckoads of Dominican dads that flake out and just as many moms with children from different fathers. And there are certainly abandoned children in DR, more so than in North America or Europe.

But being parentless does not make someone transgender. Brainwashing of late is a major factor.

But Maria just made up her 'own facts' about most children not having loving parents in DR.

I guess if you want to try to swing people your way and it's apparently not working then you fabricate statistics. We've seen a lot of same thing in the media the last few years.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Yes Bob - most parents raise their children, both Haitian and Dominican. Yeah there are truckoads of Dominican dads that flake out and just as many moms with children from different fathers. And there are certainly abandoned children in DR, more so than in North America or Europe.

But being parentless does not make someone transgender. Brainwashing of late is a major factor.

But Maria just made up her 'own facts' about most children not having loving parents in DR.

I guess if you want to try to swing people your way and it's apparently not working then you fabricate statistics. We've seen a lot of same thing in the media the last few years.

Please remind me of the statistics that I quoted, I cannot see a single statistic anywhere in any of my posts.

Bob used the term loving parentS, as in plural parents, and I questioned this statement based on how few children live with both of their parents in DR. I can only think of one person I know who lives with both of their biological parents. And no, I'm not referring only to kids from the barrio or the big city.

Anyway, I'm bored with this thread now, we have very different opinions and there is no point in discussing them any further so I'm out.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
My Dominican girlfriend believes people become gay, not born gay. I try and try and try to explain her they are born gay. She says I’m wrong. She also believes bright planets are stars. Dominican related, albeit off topic

She may have a point, there are quite a few sanky pankies who live a pretty much entirely gay life but are biologically straight.

Reactions: JD Jones

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
She may have a point, there are quite a few sanky pankies who live a pretty much entirely gay life but are biologically straight.

That's just good ole prostitution and its entirely transactional. They're in it for the money/resources, they're not gay.

The reverse happens too. Like the Dominican gay men who have married women and produced children even though they never were into women in the first place, and only started a family out of Dominican tradition and social pressure.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
ahhh, how do you know it's not learned?

Reactions: Garyexpat

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Like with many doable things in the world, some are born that way while others choose it. The issue now is that many that know for them it was a decision want everyone to think they too were born like that.

Like being a transvestite. It’s a very hard sell to imply it isn’t a decision to mutilate themselves. I want to see all these “womenz” try to look like a woman without making the decision to have plastic surgery and/or take hormones. Afterall, those are to change so ething natural and make it artificial. They were born a certain way. Let nature dictate things since they say they were all born feeling they are another gender. Well, they may be born thinking that, but nature wanted them to look like a man with beard and all.

The kicker are the people that now claim they are animals. No, not that people are animals, but that they claim they are a cat, a mouse, a dog…. They don’t like it when someone calls them dellusional, but…

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What adults do with themselves in private is not my concern but when they attempt to force the public to accept and normalize what they do in private (thru whatever means necessary) I do indeed have a problem with it.

The same can be said about many of the "movements" taking place across the globe.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
What adults do with themselves in private is not my concern but when they attempt to force the public to accept and normalize what they do in private (thru whatever means necessary) I do indeed have a problem with it.

The same can be said about many of the "movements" taking place across the globe.
You nailed it CR. There are lots of straight practices that I find abhorrent as well. We don't want to know about them and we sure as hell aren't accepting them as normal.

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
As a young teenager pursuing photography for a national competition, I came across a kid — maybe 4 or 5 in age — stooping down on a wooden plank that had been thrown across a gully (a deep, wide concrete drain). He was taking a crap... Right out in the open.

Thing is, if you had a good baseball arm you could have hit the house of a multi-millionaire that was located just a little higher up the hill. My family was actually friends with the owner, and my brother was classmates with one of his sons.

That was some 45 years ago, and I can remember, as young as I was, thinking to myself about the kind of mindset this kid would grow up with. I've been out camping and had to do what I had to do... But it was never an aspect of my "...normal..." life experience.

As some old quote goes... "You can't really understand another person's experience until you've walked a mile in their shoes."

And just for some levity... There's a version of the above quote that goes like this... "Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."

Anywho... What I thought when I read about the DR government hiring the US-based company was that perhaps there is something behind the scenes taking place... Maybe related to the US government needing the DR government to initiate some degree of LGBTQ+ consideration... In order for the DR government to gain some kind of support from the US government for something... A kind of quid pro quo deal.

Knowing politics as I do... I wouldn't be surprised.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Give them an inch and they'll take everything.
Shut them down immediately.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I can think of so many more important issues here. Power, schools and medical. This is some strange political power grab. Clearly this guy is slinging mud at people that don't agree with him. Assimilation is as important here as it is anywhere else.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
85 million dollars to these Muppets with all of the problems this country has?
Are you freaking kidding me?

It appears back in December, the Ministry of the Presidency in the Dominican Republic finalized a contract with the American consulting firm Dentons Global Advisors, worth over RD$ 85 million. The agreement, spanning fourteen months, aims to address issues concerning human rights and manage reputational risks associated with the Dominican government.

José Miguel Vivanco gained international recognition during his tenure as head of Human Rights Watch (HRW) in Washington for three decades.

Vivanco’s involvement in advocating for the rights of “denationalized” descendants of Haitians in the Dominican Republic stirred controversy in 2015. He criticized the country for denying nationality rights to tens of thousands of individuals and highlighted the government’s detention and expulsion practices.

Furthermore, Vivanco has been an outspoken advocate for LGBT rights, condemning ideological battles propagated by certain sectors, particularly those associated with the evangelical church in Latin American countries. He argues that such positions undermine the rights of sexual minorities and women’s reproductive rights, emphasizing the need for policy reforms to effect meaningful change.

Give them inch and they'll take everything.
Source: Dominican Today
WO even googling Denton Global Advisors I can tell you it's just another CIA cut out. The goal is to make Latin Americans, in this case Dominicans, have less faith in their families, friends, the local store owner or a barber and replace that with "institutions".... of which Latins have no trust in for good reason.